Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hmmm...learning about blogging and writing about Spain at the same time


OK, so instead of sending out lengthy e-mails with huge photos about my comings and goings, I am experimenting instead with this. The idea was to be able to simply share pix, travelogues, etc easily with those who might be interested to take a peak. Specifically, as I thought about my most recent trip to Spain, it occurred to me that I have so many observations about the trip that are interesting (to me, anyway), that it would be hard to write a long narrative ("On Day 1, we visited blah blah blah; on Day 2 we blah blah blah). I thought with a blog, I could easily write a shorter diatribe about a single subject, maybe food, churchs, or topless beaches (all three being fairly religious subjects to me).


But now, as I write and explore this idea, I realize it's more complicated. It's bad enough that I have to get motivated to actually write. Now I realize that in addition to writing, I'll also have to learn how this blog site thingy works. How do I post a photo? How big is it? How will it display in the formatting? Are there going to be ads along the side? What's the deal with the ads along the side? Will I really get paid if only my mom and Lisa look at this? I don't really want to get paid. I just want to say what I have to say so that I have some record of my thoughts. In this way, I'll be able look back tomorrow, next year, or 10 years from now and notice that my thoughts from yesteryear were really infantile. Also, how does cutting and pasting work here?

Anyway, that's the idea. I'm going to attach a photo from Spain somewhere along here just to see what it looks like. Ah yes, I see it now. Upper left. It's a picture of me in front the Restaurante Iowa on Calle Montera near Puerta del Sol in Madrid. This pic dates back to my first visit to Madrid, but I never ate there. On my most recent trip, Lisa and I stayed in a pension right around the corner from here. We discovered that this place is actually pretty good. It's cheap and they serve you massive empanadas de atun to go (atun is tuna, of course). There also a Restaurante Nebraska nearby, but aside from the similar Midwest name, they are two completely separate establishments.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...not sure how to edit this thing, but it appears that you can see a big version of my fantastic photo by simply clicking on the photo.

    ReplyDelete