Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mesa Verde and Ah Shi Sle Pah WSA Memorial Day 2010



This blog was originally supposed to be about our trip to Spain last fall, but we've done other stuff in the interim. Now we're making plans to go back to Spain in a few months, and I still haven't even done half of my Spain stuff the last trip. I'll have to get back to soon. I don't have time to write about today's photos, but these are pix we took at Mesa Verde National Park and the Ah Shi Sle Pah Wilderness Study Area (my new favorite place) a month ago. I like the pix of Lisa (from the back end) squeezing through passage inside a cliff dwelling and mine (from the front end). We got some pix of the ladders that you climb to get into some of the cliff dwellings (One with Lisa climbing, the other with me)--definitely not for chickens! The flower is really cool. We got a good shot in front of Shiprock. We got some nice of us and the dogs at Ah Shi Sle Pah. Sometimes people wonder what places like Bisti, De Na Zin, Ah Shi Sle Pah really look like aside from the close ups of cool rock formations. One of these pix shows an overview of the Ah Shi Sle Pah area--doesn't look like much until you realy take a close look in person. Floyder decided to take a nap in the tent as we were taking it down.