Monday, August 23, 2010

Floyder's Many Names

I've been wracking my brain trying to remember the millions of different names we've used for Floyder over the years:

1. Nut--When we picked him up at the shelter, we asked the attendant if he had name. He shook his head for a moment, and then reconsidered and said, "We call him Nut." This should've been a warning to me.
2. Floyd--Sarah pulled this name out the air. She got it right. To me, he was the most aptly named dog I've ever known. His name suited him perfectly.
3. Floyder
4. Floyderdog
5. Flop--He was always spastic and falling over out of sheer exhuberance.
6. Flopper
7. Flopperdog
8. Flood--So named for his poor bladder control, especially in the early years.
9. Floydee Boy--My sister's name for him during the time he lived with her in Tennessee.
10. Floydsee--My friend Carmen's pet name for Floyd.
11. Black Bean Brain
12. Black
13. The Old Man
14. Number One--His unlikely and triumphant final nickname from over the past 2-3 years. Nobody would've predicted this name 15 years ago. He was such an unruly spasitc idiot back then. He kept these traits to the very end, although in diminished magnitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment