Monday, May 9, 2011

Lisa's Birthday

Today is Lisa's birthday.  To celebrate, I made a quick recording of myself singing an Eliades Ochoa song, "Entre Flores." 



In English, the lyrics go something like this:

Among the flowers that you received on your birthday
There is a flower that I dedicated, me to you
Written upon a petal there is a phrase
That I wrote with my own hand
Written upon a petal there is a phrase
That I wrote with my own hand


Among the flowers, look well for the one I'm telling you about!
It's in the bouquet of violets that I sent
When you find the flower I'm telling you about
You'll be able to read what I dedicated to you
When you find the flower I'm telling you about
You'll be able to read what I dedicated to you



(If you're reading this post from an email subscription, you'll probably need to visit the blog to hear the song).

No comments:

Post a Comment