Sunday, March 27, 2011

Supper

For supper tonight we're having slow roasted pulled pork. Lisa has seen all these shows the Food Network where people spend 24 hours making their pork roasts. She decided that we need to try it. Yesterday afternoon, Lisa started brining it with salt and sugar. Later, she rubbed it with spices. She asked me to set the alarm for 2:00 a.m so she could start roasting it at low temperature. I apparently failed this this crucial task, because I woke up at 3:30. I immediately noticed the absence of the odor of roasting pork. I got up to investigate and quickly realized that Lisa had not been up at 2:00. Lisa caught me in the kitchen checking to see if she had started the pork while I was sleeping. She said I looked guilty. Happily, it wasn't too late. She got the roast going, and it was done by 11:00 a.m., which was still too early. I think my stove is a bit too hot, so the roast cooked too fast by about three hours. We'll have to do it again at lower temperatures, but this batch was quite tasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment